Thank you for your interest in supporting the Wisconsin Humane Society in honor of your wedding!
Founded in 1879, WHS has been saving the lives of animals in need for 139 years. WHS operates shelters in Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Brown, and Door Counties, as well as a spay/neuter clinic in West Allis. WHS annually serves 40,000 animals. We receive no general government funding and we are not part of any national umbrella organization. Simply put, we could never do it without you.
By donating to the Wisconsin Humane Society, you are making the following programs possible:
- A comprehensive adoption program that matches more than 10,000 homeless animals with new families each year; there are no time or space limits for any animals in our adoption program. We receive nearly all the area's surrendered animals, as well as animals from local and state animal control facilities, and animals transferred from other shelters.
- Affordable spay/neuter services open to the public at the WHS Spay/Neuter Clinic in West Allis.
- A pet food bank to assist families with pets through tough financial times.
- Youth programs for children and adults designed to teach compassion, respect and responsible care for animals.
- Intervention programs for children to end neglect and abuse and break the link between violence against animals and humans.
- Outreach programming to serve families with pets in underserved areas.
- A foster program for animals in domestic violence situations.
- Dog training classes for dogs and puppies at our Milwaukee and Ozaukee Campuses.
- A Wildlife Rehabilitation Center that provides rescue, rehabilitation and release for more than 5,000 wild animals annually, at our Milwaukee Campus.